Ladies and gentlemen, Eva Longoria has officially entered her fourth decade, though we must admit she doesn’t look a day over 25!
The Mexican-American actress, producer and philanthropist celebrates her 40th birthday Sunday, forming part of the “Sexy Latinas over 40″ club formed of stars such as Sofia Vergara, Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek and Cameron Diaz.
While Longoria celebrates her big, big, big day with her novio, family and friends, we say “Feliz Cumpleaños” by putting nine of her best quotes on being Latina.
1) “I’m trying to do my part as a citizen. My part as a Hispanic. My part as a woman. As an American. I enjoy it. I think everybody should be civically engaged in a level that will affect policy.”
2) “I’m very proud of my sisters and everything they’ve accomplished and done. I’m very proud of where I came from.”
3) “Even though I am very tied to and close to my heritage, I learned Spanish in college; I didn’t grow up with it. Growing up in South Texas is different from Miami or L.A. where it is a necessity to speak Spanish.”
4) “I could never give up Mexican food. Nachos are usually my go-to if I’m courtside at an NBA game.”
5) “Immigration is not the top issue for Latinos. Latinos are like every other American – economy, jobs, healthcare, education.”
6) “In the Mexican culture, we never miss a baptism, a birthday, a baby shower, a wedding shower, a wedding. You must show up. Otherwise, you’ll be in big trouble.”
7) “Who I am at the core and what I think represents me is really reflected in my family.”
8) “I don’t regret anything I ever do or say. I don’t like to live my life being censored. I like to say what I feel, and I think people respect that because you’re honest.”
9) “I love being a woman. I love the sexiness we get to exude. But the best thing about being a woman is the power we have over men.”