Puerto Rican icon Jennifer Lopez has admitted that if she were to have a biopic film she would want former Disney Channel starlet Selena Gomez to take the reigns. Oh how apropos!
“I would want Selena Gomez to play me in a movie. She is a cutie,” Jennifer Lopez said of the Mexican-American young star, reports Newsday.
Let’s break this down a bit further. The Latina stars have been compared in the past despite their huge age difference –Gomez, 21 and Lopez, 44.
Both stars were born in the U.S. to Hispanic parents. Both stars started from the bottom and now they’re here. Both stars act on film, television and are pop singers with hits on the music charts.
And if we recall, Jennifer Lopez’s success skyrocketed after her impeccable role as Selena Quintanilla in the 1997 biopic “Selena,” whom Gomez was named after. Both Gomez and Lopez cover Selena songs in their shows. Isn’t that cray cray?
We don’t doubt Gomez would be the perfect J.Lo, and we have 12 reasons why.
1. Like J.Lo, Selena Gomez can look fierce in a red flowy dress.
2. And show off her sexy and edgy side in a black cut-out dress
3. She can rock a tight, skimpy dress if necessary.
4. Selena Gomez can easily play a young J.Lo in a heartbeat.
5. And tell the great story of all the roads taken to stardom.
6. As I said, they started from the bottom, now they’re here.
7. Selena Gomez can pull off this classy signature J.Lo look.
8. She can also pull off this thing.
9. Selena Gomez knows the exact feeling of winning a Nickelodeon “Kids’ Choice Award.”
10. Selena Gomez has the “finger raised while singing” on point.
11. She also has that thing that only J.Lo can do with her booty on point.
12. And lastly, Selena Gomez knows what it’s like to date younger cocky boys who thinks they’re hardcore.
Hands down, we’re looking forward to a “Jenny from the Block” biopic starring Selena Gomez. Aren’t you?