Move over Matt Damon and Sigourney Weaver, we know it’s your birthday today, but the spotlight is on another birthday boy whom we truly admire… Bruno Mars.
The mega pop star of Puerto Rican descent –who broke Superbowl Halftime record after performing early this year– celebrates his 29th birthday Wednesday.
His most recent activity on social media was early October when he excitingly announced to his fans his first-ever concert in the Dominican Republic.
Though the Grammy-winning singer is not a social media addict, his fans (known as Hooligans), are well-aware of his big day.
For instance one fan from Costa Rica, who wished her “sweet boyfriend” Bruno a happy birthday.
“Happy birthday my sweet boyfriend i love u so much. Your songs helped me a lot! I just can’t stop loving u ! I’m always going to be #foreverhooligan a kiss from costa rica,” they wrote.
While many other fans are showering his Facebook wall, Instagram and Twitter with heartfelt messages, we are celebrating with 11 of Mars’ motivational quotes.
1) You can’t knock on opportunity’s door and not be ready.
2) When it’s your time, it is your time.
3) Someone told me something that stuck with me: ‘You have to envision your life, and then go backwards.’
4) I think that success is having fun.
5) I’ve learned people are watching, so don’t do nothing stupid.
6) No one sells a song better than the person who wrote it.
7) You know, I just do whatever feels right to me!
8) A grown man should always carry cash, right?
9) Songwriters, you have to work . You have to pray that the song’s going to be a hit. And then a year later, you might get a check.
10) You have to be ahead of the curve.